ARO 2020 VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
Zoom Meeting Links will be sent the week of the conference.
- Click on the meeting link provided in the conference agenda planner to open Zoom and enter the meeting.
- Enter your name and email address so others in the room will know who you are.
- Click ‘full screen’ to make the meeting screen cover the entirety of your display.
- To submit a question – point mouse to the bottom of the screen and a Q&A button will pop up.
- Once the Q&A button has been clicked, a dialogue box pops up.
- Enter your question and select if you would like it sent to all panelists or a specific panelist. Questions will be answered at the end of each session.
GETTING STARTED WITH ZOOM
- Where do I download the latest version of Zoom?
You can download the latest version of Zoom from our Download Center. Learn more about downloading Zoom.
- How to I use Zoom on my PC or Mac?
After downloading Zoom, learn how to use the Zoom Desktop Client.
- How do I sign up for Zoom?
You can sign up for a free Zoom account at zoom.us/signup.
JOINING A MEETING
- How do I join a Zoom meeting?
You can join a meeting by clicking the meeting link provided in the conference agenda planner or going to join.zoom.us and entering in the meeting ID. Learn more about joining a meeting.
- How do I use my computer/device’s audio instead of using a phone?
On most devices, you can join computer/device audio by clicking Join Audio, Join with Computer Audio, or Audio to access the audio settings. Learn more about connecting your audio.
- Can I Use Bluetooth Headset?
Yes, as long as the Bluetooth device is compatible with the computer or mobile device that you are using.
- Do I have to have a webcam to join on Zoom?
While you are not required to have a webcam to join a Zoom Meeting or Webinar, you will not be able to transmit video of yourself unless you do. Without a webcam, you will be able to listen and speak during the meeting, share your screen, and view the webcam video of other participants.
- You can enter and exit the meeting as often as you need. To exit the meeting, click the red “exit meeting” on the bottom right-hand of your screen.
- You can leave a meeting and enter a concurrent meeting as often as you would like. Please refer to the schedule for all the meeting links.
- My video/camera isn’t working.
- There is echo in my meeting.
Echo can be caused by many things, such as a participant connected to the meeting audio on multiple devices or two participants joined in from the same room. If a speaker has an open mic and is using speakers while talking the feedback loop between their speakers and microphone will cause echo and a high-pitched noise.
Learn about common causes of audio echo.
- My audio isn’t working on my mobile device.