Applications for ARO Virtual Travel Awards
The Association for Research in Otolaryngology (ARO) announces an open call for virtual travel awards in support of trainees attending the 2021 ARO Virtual MidWinter Meeting, February 20 – 24, 2021. The purpose of the travel award program is to recognize trainee research achievement in Otolaryngology, and to encourage broad and diverse participation in the ARO. The funds for virtual travel awards come from generous donations made by individuals, companies and institutions, including the NIDCD.
Applications will be peer-reviewed by the ARO Travel Awards Committee. Successful candidates will have their meeting registrations fee waived, in addition to being invited to a virtual award luncheon where a $50 voucher will be provided to cover food and refreshments. The highest scoring applicants will be awarded Don Henderson Travel Awards of $250 each (ARO anticipates granting several awards per trainee category: graduate student, medical student / resident, postdoc, audiologist).
The ARO is committed to inclusiveness, as such individuals with a disability (e.g. loss of hearing, vision, or mobility, as well as individuals with a psychiatric or learning disability) and individuals from groups historically under-represented in the biomedical sciences (e.g. African American, Hispanic, Native American, Alaskan native, or Pacific Islander) are highly encouraged to apply.
The following applies to all active ARO Student/Postdoc/Resident members:
- Applicants must be a current ARO member at the time of application and of the MidWinter Meeting.
- Applicants must perform research pertinent to the interests of ARO and be either full-time:
- Graduate students
- Medical students / Residents in Otolaryngology
- Graduate students / Postdocs in Audiology
- Please note: recipients of a 2021 virtual travel award will still be eligible for the travel award scheme in 2022.
- Applicants must upload their Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- The Applicants must submit an abstract for review
- This can be the same abstract that was submitted during the ARO Poster/Podium open call. If applicants did not submit an abstract during the ARO Poster/Podium open call, the submission of an abstract for the Travel Awards will be automatically included as a late application.
- The deadline for applications is Friday, November 20th at 11:59 PM Eastern Time. For a step-by-step submission guide, please click here
Applicants will be notified of the results of the selection process by January 2021. For more information, contact the ARO Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org